McKDD Free Information Sheets
Click here to complete the online form and receive your FREE McKDD information sheets as listed below:
- 10 most important energy efficiency improvement hints for new homes
- Building a Sustainable Home
- General Building Information Sheet
McKDD Process and timeframe
McKDD will organise all your building plans, consultants and documents right up to being ready for tender and building applications. This allows the client the peace of mind to deal only with one person and not have run around the countryside. The most common question we are asked is “How long will this all take?”. We have prepared a typical scenario to give you a better idea of expected timeframes.
New Dwellings / Additions and Alterations
|Site Meeting or Initial Consultation||week 1|
|Design Development Stage||week 1-4|
|Soil Testing||week 4|
|Contour Survey||week 4|
|Working Stage||week 5-8|
|Energy Efficiency||week 9-10|
|Issue plans for tender/building application||week 11|
Local Government Links
Moreton Bay Regional Council – Beachmere – Bongaree – Bribie Island – Burpengary – Caboolture – Clontarf – Deception Bay – Elimbah – Kippa Ring – Lawnton – Margate – Morayfield – Narangba – North Lakes – Pacific Harbour – Petrie – Redcliffe – Strathpine – Wamuran – Woodford
Somerset Regional Council – Coominya – Esk – Fernvale – Harlin – Hazeldean – Jimna – Kilcoy – Linville – Lowood – Moore – Sandy Creek – Somerset – Toogoolawah
Sunshine Coast Regional Council – Beerburrum – Beerwah – Caloundra – Coolum – Forest Glen – Glasshouse Mountains – Kawana – Maleny – Marcoola – Maroochydore – Mooloolaba – Palmwoods – Pelican Waters – Peregian Beach – Sippy Downs
Brisbane City Council – Albion – Annerly – Aspley – Bridgeman Downs – Brisbane – Bowen Hills – Boondall – Balmoral – Chermside – Enoggera – Everton Park – Grange – Hamilton – Hendra – Kangaroo Point – Kedron – New Farm – Nudgee – Paddington – Sandgate – Toowong – Wavell Heights
Redland City Council – Capalaba – Cleveland – Macleay Island – Redland Bay – South Moreton Bay Islands – Stradbroke Island
Qualifications & Affiliations:
Jason McKiernan – Owner / Principal
- University of Southern Queensland (1998) Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering (with Dean’s Commendation) (BTech Civil)
- Past Member Institution of Engineers, Australia – Technologist Member (TMIEAust)
- Chartered Engineering Technologist (CEngT)
- Past National Engineering Technologist Register (NETR)
- Awarded State and National Young Technologist of the Year Award 2000 by Institute of Engineers, Australia
- BSA Contractor License – Building Designer – Open Category #1209962 (Mistykat Pty Ltd) October 2003 – present
- BSA Supervisor License #1034939
- Member Building Designers Association of Queensland (BDAQ)
- Past Member Queensland Master Builders Association (QMBA)
The following testimonials are from some of our satisfied clients :-
“As a builder tendering for projects designed and drafted by McKDD, I have found these drawings to be extremely thorough in all construction and finish details.
This has enabled me to submit comprehensive fixed price quotation without the need of any further assessment to this project.
My sub contractors made comment of the detailed specifications which are shown on the plans enabling them also to supply quotations for the projects”.
Sunshine Building Services
“Fantastic job on the drafting. We are wrapped. I am sure there will be questions but right now I have none. Thankyou for doing such a great job. Have a great weekend”.
“Thank you so very much for excellent advice and guidance in our project.
The information you sent is most appreciated and we will get through as much as we can and source the links you referred us to.
Looking forward to meeting with you at some stage to discuss our project, and once again, thank you for your time and information”.
“Another successful McKDD project! Drop around and have a look whenever you are in the area. Couldn’t be happier”.